After the bank has verified your personal and property details, they will sanction your loan. The draft
of the agreement will be approved by a lawyer and then has to be signed by you. You will also need
to hand over the original property documents to the bank who will keep it with them as security
until you have repaid the entire loan amount. When you receive the cheque for the entire loan
amount, it will usually be made out to the builder and not to you personally.
Documents required for availing a home loan
- Proof of Income: a) Salaried Applicant minimum 4 months’ salary slip along with 2 years
form 16. b) Self Employed, Professionals 3 years ITR with Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and
all the Annexures(if any)
- Business profile with details on the nature of business, list of clients, suppliers, staff
strength, geographical spread, etc.
- Age proof: PAN card, Voters ID, Passport, or License
- Copy of ration card or company ID card
- Updated bank passbook or a copy of the statement of accounts for the last 6 months for
salaried and 1 Year for Self Employed/Professionals.
- Copy of educational qualifications certificate/s and proof of business existence like Shop Act
Registration copy, GST/TAN registration
- Certificate in original from employer for any other allowances which are not reflected in
- Passport size photographs of applicant and co-applicant
- Cheque for processing fees
- You may be asked to submit further legal documents if required by the bank, or its approved
Retain photocopies of all the documents being submitted by you.